Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Delayed Victory Stomp

No, no, I can't tell you about all the losses recently. What would be the fun in that? Instead, I'll try to make a repeat run tonight in the Wheatie, where I chopped first-place money (despite what the graphic below indicates) in last week's event. I'd also like to extend a courtesy thank-you --- if belated --- to SeedyV, who I had never played against before but turned out to be both a polite and honorable opponent.



SeedyV was seated immediately to my left at the very first table, where I put an all-in hurt on someone with the Nerf Hammer, then deposited our gracious host railside with some mightily donkified play, hence tonight's Wheatie naming rights. Wil's scalp claimed, I hung in the top three the rest of the night with the fear of the Hammer forcing my foes to cower into submission.

Sure is deep around these parts....

Speaking of Wil, after reading this post I'm willing to step up with a backing offer for his future donkaments of up to 50 cents per event. :-) That's well done, though, no matter how small the stakes; I know I've never won one that large myself.

2 comments:

vandy said...

That early hammer was against my AA - grrrrrrrrr!

Congrats on the strong finish!

Haley said...

Oy, I remember it vell. Sorry about those aces, vandy. The hammer... it is truly magical.