Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Goo-o-o-o-o-o-o-d Day in the Making

Any freelancer can vouch for the fact that good days are those when new opportunities appear. I can't talk about too many specifics yet, but it looks like this could turn out to be a red-letter day... not one, nor two, but three new opportunities have plopped into my rather too-large lap in the past eight hours. (I'll be working on that lap thing, too.) While the political environment we leave in makes all things tenuous, the short term, at least for now, suddenly looks very, very good.

It had been a few days since my last post and I had something else about ready to go, but this is a better way to kick off the new year. In an unrelated aside, anyone wondering about those '404' entries at the original site can now peruse the archives there as they previously existed; I switched software packages not long ago, and the darn defaults overrode my preferences and screwed up a pile of links. There are still a few links that don't work, but most are now in functioning order.

Let's see... puzzle contest news. Current solved entries received: 6. Still 12 days go, and at least one book awaits! Due to me forgetting to mention one thing in my original rules, I may end up giving away two books, rather than one. I've had a couple of people that I've written pieces for submit completed entries, and that's great, but I also realized that someone who doesn't know me could perceive it as a conflict of interest if one of these people won. So let me post a little addendum here:

I'll be doing a random drawing for the winner as originally stated, but if that winner turns out to be someone with whom I have a business relationship, I'll then conduct a second drawing among all remaining entrants that don't do business with me and award a second copy of Lou and Sheree's book. The only people I deem ineligible to win in the original drawing are me, Lou and Sheree --- the latter two just because they've got their own book memorized already and likely don't need another copy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley,

Sounds like congrats is in order on these "opportunities!"

Thanks again for your tips on Australia!

Mike