Monday, June 09, 2008

Out Mid-Pack

Indeed, I was in Event #15, $1,000 Ladies, which featured 1,190 players (oh-for-two on prop bets now, dammit). No time to talk this morning and I have plenty to share.

The quick story on my tourney. Started with 2,000. Jumped up to about 3,000 early by swiping a couple of pots and then flopping a boat. Went card-dead. For three hours. Got my last 2,100 in with A-K against a loose player's A-J, only to see the board come something like 3-5-6-6-5 for an ugly chop. Whiffed on every baby pair and connector I saw (and didn't see many in playable spots). Stole a pot with 8-6. Had lots of blackjack hands, either in the double-down or surrender versions. Finally had to defend my last chips with 10-6 suited, but didn't connect.

Ugly structure... more on that later. I went out somewhere about 620th, and there were no celebrities or big names at my table. Cheryl Hines was two tables away, not that I was really rubber-necking the other tables.

4 comments:

smokkee said...

the ladies def get hosed in the structure for that event.

Wolverine Fan said...

Congrats on your play at the Venetian and beingin the Ladies Tourney. Good luck out there.

Irongirl01 said...

Nice Job Haley. I played the ladies WSOP in 2007 with similar results. I did nothing wrong but as you mention the structure is horrible. Much better structures for the Venetian/Caesar
s tourneys going on.

Haley said...

Yeah, once the series is over with, I'll write a longer post on the topic of the Ladies Event. Let's just say that it's a one-and-done for me,and I only played it this once to claim the moral high ground in future arguments. ;-)

I'm hoping to play a Caesars sometime in the next few days.

Haley