Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Proof Positive That Blind Pigs DO Find Acorns

A most unusual sight:



All I can say is, "At last!" After never having climbed higher than 5th or so in this event, I took down Wil's weekly WWdN tourney, this one being "The Bdidde Invitational." The usual description applies --- my miracle was a key 6-out suckout against Frankl66 just to get to the final table, then winning two key races when things got to the end. Good cards and one fortunate-timed Hammer bluff didn't hurt, either.

As usual, this tournament featured a collection of way-tough blogger types, so this win just reduces my -EV record a bit, I suspect. It feels good, nonetheless. Thanks to Byron for the rooting! And thanks to Wil and all the others who hung around to sweat the end of the final table. Quite the blast, as always. It had been a few weeks since I was able to attend the WWdN, but I hope to be back on at least a semi-regular basis.

4 comments:

Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Like I said last night:

A. sorry to put you in that tough spot with my tuff_fish donation

B. amazing comeback, your endgame was impressive.

On a related, I just read your last page's worth of posts - I really like your writing. See ya out there.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Haley!

Haley said...

Thanks, guys. And Iak, I'm not sure why I don't have you in the blogroll, which will be corrected on the next go-'round.

KGBlovesOreos said...

Hey, I know this may seem random, but I just wanted to stop by and thank you for putting up a link to my site. I will, of course, do the same for you.