Haley's Poker Blog

No bad beats, but still a poker blog... hence the anguish.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Hang in There, Kiddies

Readers waiting for tales from my unexpected Vegas trip, encompassing the WSOP and my trip into the MansionPoker Poker Dome will have a few days longer to wait. I'm still in Vegas --- and have been, for close to two weeks now, having signed up to provide content for additional outlets.

I have a hundred tales, ready for the sharing, each of them wonderful or miserable in a very special way. A few of the best will appear over at the Kick Ass Poker blog, as always --- http://kickasspoker.blogspot.com --- but I quite literally had to rush out and by an inexpensive laptop on the fly in order to do what I now need to get down. I don't have an HTML editor installed on this machine, and so updates here and to the original Haley's Poker Blaug-gh! will have to wait until my return.

In the meantime, you can find a number of new pieces of mine over at Pokernews.com, where I've tossed in perhaps a dozen columns over the last four or five days. And I may have a long piece appearing very soon over at Mickey Wilson's Poker Magazine, or on her related site, pokertv.com. I'm pretty sure you can guess what that's one about, and while I can't guarantee that it'll be published, I'll offer you this much: it's one of the most heartfelt pieces I've ever written.

I also owe a deep debt of gratitude to Mickey and to poker author Gary Carson, who took time out of their own busy schedules to help me bail myself out of a fix. A few days back, when opportunities arose and my plans changed, Mickey and Gary sacrificed a couple of hours out of their own busy schedules to shuttle me to a Best Buy a couple of miles east of the Strip. I needed Internet access NOW and I needed a machine, and I approached the Nevada land-speed record for hauling an inexpensive Compaq Presario notebook out that Best Buy's door.

There's much more coming, peepuls, so much, much more. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home