Haley's Poker Blog

No bad beats, but still a poker blog... hence the anguish.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Not a Whine

Logged my first-ever Sunday Million cash today and went out in 499th spot. Last hand, I had aces, other player had kings. King flopped, and it turned out another player had folded K-7, so it was ye olde one-outer.

Why no whine? Easy, really. I'd gotten it all in with A-K about three laps earlier and ran it square into pocket aces, and the board on that one ran out 6-5-7-8-9. We all have selective memory, but mine was honest, at least this once.

Next time!

2 Comments:

Blogger dbcooper said...

Good result. Congrats. Those one outers happen way more online than in the real world.......

8:23 PM  
Blogger guest said...

Thanks for the thanks. As for part two, nah, I've seen some absolutely crazy stuff live and I was only a short distance away from the royal flush vs. quad aces hand at Ray Romano's table last WSOP. I mean, he's about two percent to hit the one-outer and dodge my other aces, assuming they're in play. It happens... just not often.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home