Wednesday, April 01, 2009

On the Mend

Precious little poker content in this one, since between sleep and work, there hasn't been time for anything else.

So there I was weekend before last, becoming violently ill. High fever, profuse sweats, outbreak of something chicken pox-like all over my body. As Caldwell would say, "Bad times." I was too sick to get myself to the doctor for a couple of days at the outset (if that makes sense), and weak as a kitten. I ended up with two doctor's visits inside of 48 hours as they tried to figure it out. It was either one too many "healthful" exotic vegetables -- to which I'll now have a nasty allergy toward if that's the case -- or some nasty virus.

The doc can't rule out that I'm one of the rare people who actually contracted chicken pox for a second time (it does happen, and I'm not quite to the age of shingles) or managed to catch the rare alternate strain of the stuff that does exist. It's sort of moot at this point. There wasn't much for me except lots of bedrest, fluids, and some meds to slow down whatever breakout was occurring.

Poker? Went a week without playing a single hand, which fouled up yet another attempt to make it at least to Silver Star on Stars. I'm hoping to play a few SCOOP events at the bottom two tiers in the next couple of weeks so maybe I can make a dent in it for April. I also need to spend a few days with family in Wisconsin before heading west for the expected summer fun.

No comments: