Monday, September 08, 2008

Not Too Bad

Made it into the top ten about four hours in, then took a brutal beat to become short-stacked a good distance outside the bubble. (KK vs. JJ all in preflop; J on turn.) Pushed with aces in PLO and hit a redraw river to stay alive, so I got my own lucky break there, but never won a significant pot after that. Got up to about 30K at one point but was whittled down to nothing in chips at the end -- I even held last among remaining players for a few hands at one point before my demise.

It could have been two for two, cash-wise, except for one of them durned flush-chasin' donkeys who busted me in my first event, where I was in the top quarter. But, this is my first WCOOP cash:



Had some fun tables and some tough tables. Kirill G was seated to my right for much of the first few hours, and I was quite the fortunate luckbox against him, connecting every damn time we mixed it up. Later on I had both Billirakis and 'nitbuster' (a.k.a. Josh Arieh) at one of my tables -- no fun, that.

Long night, of course. And I can't wait to try it again.

2 comments:

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

The S.P.L.E.N.D.O.R.! Nicely done! (Otis & I were silently railin' ya.)

Haley said...

Yeah, I heard Matt W. blab about that! :-) Too bad I couldn't put on a better show late. When we got to my fave part of the rotation I kept bricking out chips, stage left. A couple of others that I know of stopped by, and thanks to everyone who peeked in.

There was also that verbal war going on with that one particular assclown who shall remain nameless. I don't think you guys saw what started that but it was -totally- uncalled for, and he had the whole table just hating him, even the French guy who might not have spoken much English.