Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Playing the Bodonkey TV Table

Caught the news late that Josh Arieh would be playing this week's Bodonkey, but after a longish day with no good news stories I decided I'd log on myself and have some fun. Darned if I didn't catch the TV table, with Josh on my immediate left. Gary Cox and Dave (Yestbay) and a couple of others I recognized where there as well, and I did my best to yak it up.

There was a $100 bounty on Arieh's head, which 'Abby17' claimed after Josh decided to mix it up fairly early and lost a race with 7-7 against A-Q. That'll cement the "bloggers are donkeys" image a bit, as will the fact that Josh lost not one, but two, pots to Hammer players. Though, to be honest, knowing a bit about Josh's game, I'd likely have taken the same chance with A-Q, particularly in a bounty event. Bounties neutralize aggressive players.

Sadly, I had neither one of the two Hammer hands.

I didn't catch much else either, and I went out after deciding to defend my blind with K-10 suited against a SB raise. The SB had K-Q and the flop came K-4-4, and we were off to the races. I finished in the "place" spot in the two-horse race; second place gets the "dingleberry close-up" view of the first-place finisher, y'know.

Very busy times for me. I'm headed down to Caesars Indiana on Friday for some early WSOP Circuit doings this weekend. There are so-o-o-o-o many things I'm needing to blog about but the last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic. Hang in there; my blogging always comes in spurts.

No comments: