Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Speaking in Tongues

You know that American-based e-wallet, now connected to a major online auction service, that pulled out of the online gambling market several years back? Well, for various and sundry reasons, I still possess a debit card drawn on that partiular business.

I was searching for a way to fund a poker account where I had a bit of a bad run lately, and that poker site uses a third-party intermediary not totally connected with the gambling industry. The process is to fund the intermediary account, then transfer that over to a poker account. Several sites now use variations on this method.

Anyhow, I decided to try using that debit card, just to see what would happen. I never have more than a few dollars in there, so it seemed like the prudent thing to do.

Worked like a charm.

No comments: