Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Quiet Times

Not to much report on the poker front, from a personal perspective, so call this one a checking-in-for-the-helluvit type of post. I've been on a nasty cooler of late in tournaments, either getting it in with the best of it and losing or running queens or kings into aces, and cash games haven't run any better. Momma Yoda said there'd be months like these, but stories find here bad beats you shall never.

I've also been working on a couple of projects behind the scenes, said projects taking up some large chunks of my time. Besides that, recent snowstorms, the continuing NETeller mess, and growing uncertainty as to whether I'll be able to travel to Vegas this summer all have me in a bit of a spring-fever funk. That last is related to the poker world's steady contraction, and who knows? Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard one works, if the timing is off. Maybe March will be a better month. I shake the Magic Eight Ball and it keeps telling me my future is cloudy, and I should try again later.

I had one of the originals of those things, way way back when. The darn fluid inside mine degraded and bubbled to the point that it affected the little "fortune" float on the inside, keeping the float from showing up in the little window if you held the ball so that the window was at the very top.

Funny, though, that the malaise seems to be affecting more than just me; it's touching the poker blogosphere in general. There a few good posts popping up, but things are sparse right now. One of the funniest bits of recent days was over at Tom Bayes' blog, which I stop by occasionally.

Surfing through some of his comments, I found this a link to a site which is supposed to tell you how many people have your last name. The results?


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
0
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


Now they tell me.

Time to muck and wait for the next hand. See you soon.

1 comment:

Irongirl01 said...

I will be so glad when February is over. Thank God today is the last day...I get the same thing on the Magic 8 Ball.. Ask again later... I want answers Now....